Saturday, October 6, 2007

Fall is here!

100_5277.JPG


I can't tell you how glad we are to move into the fall season! It was not the bright and cheery summer I had dreamed of... not to say we did not enjoy it at all. Our close friends Emily and Chis lost their baby Carter in July and then within days Mark and Polly had their fourth miscarriage and Polly underwent emergency surgery. We have walked with them through some dark times. Just recently we started hosting a couples small group at our home again... it will be awesome to see how God works in each of our lives over this next year.

It is almost time for our annual corn maze adventure- my team never wins no thanks to my directional sense! I tend to twist people's arms into doing some little trips and fun social stuff: ) I'm very glad they put up with me!

We live very close to the family business- Walker Mowers, most of Bart's extended family all live here... it makes it easier for me to be away from my owm family. My mom visits often and fits right in, we hope she can still move here in the next year or so.

I have cut way back on my cleaning business and have no idea how I used to juggle so much this last year. I just love those clients and the daycare kids so much... yet I was getting worn out. I have six kiddos here to care for and teach... you can only imagine the crazy times! Kira has a love-hate thing going with the five boys. She just realized she doesn't want to share her mommy. At least she won't be shocked to share me with another sibling.

I can't wait to return to Olivet Nazarene University at the end of the month! Bart's close friend, Scott Weinberg, talked us into a little reunion with a bunch of our old friends. I hope to make some great memories over Homecoming weekend. My mom will room with us and Kira will get plenty of Nana-bonding. I have to say my Mom is the greatest Nana! The other day mom admitted she had reserved plane tickets out here right after we heard Kira had some bad labs come back after five weeks of diarrhea! It was scary and I am very thankful things are better now. She would do anything for her girls!

Fall holds great promise of beauty and change for us. Mark and Polly took us on a fall journey to check out the changing colors today... I'm so glad we went. Kira loves her Aunties and Uncles- she was an angel! If you want to click on our photo albums on the right- flickr.com :) Comment here if you would- we would love to know who all is really reading... that means you too Uncle Tom and Uncle Art: )

100_5244.JPG

100_5304.JPG

100_5309.JPG



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,
I'm leaving you folks a note. Are you happy? :) It was nice to get together with you guys and take these great photos together. Thanks for coming along with us. We had a good time and Kira was wonderful. She is too cute!

Meghan said...

You guys got some really beautiful pictures!!! I love looking through the flicker album!

Keep 'em coming!!

melissa said...

These are great pictures of you! Beautiful :)

Weinberg Family said...

Hi Susie,

These pictures are beautiful..the leaves are awesome! I wish we could have pictures like that here:) I think your little girl is starting to look like you:)