
Well we recently got back from a good weekend spent at our old Alma Mater, Olivet Nazarene University . ONU is located in Bourbonnais IL which is about an hour south of Chicago. Susie and Kira flew out a couple of days early to visit her friend Meghan who lives near Indianapolis and then returned to Chicago to meet up with her Mom and I in Chicago. We then set a course south to Bourbonnais.
After much debate, investigation, and a trip to Wendy's, we finally found our Hotel in which we had reservations. The accommodations were very nice and we later found out that the continental breakfast was fantastic. After a couple of hours Berg and Becky rolled in with there rented Lincoln Grand Marquis. We finally got to meet their three month old girl Abigail. Regrettably we didn't get any good pictures of her but I can definitely say that I am jealous of her hair.

Later that evening we attended the ONU men's basketball game. We went to pick up our reserved tickets and found out that they didn't have them. The game was sold out but luckily we found a scalper that had tickets at a fair price and we were all set. At the game we met up with Mcowen and his wife Erin. We had a good time visiting and watching the team kick some butt. After the game there was a fantastic fireworks display set to music outside at Snowbarger Athletic Park. I have to say that it was one of the better fireworks displays I've ever have seen.


Saturday we met up with several friends at Buffalo Wild Wings before the football game including Tharnish and his Wife and two kids, Schlong, and Ross and his Wife. The food preparation took an unexpectedly prolonged amount of time so we ended up sitting on the visitors' side that had a terrible view of the game. Hutch, Sarah, and their son Peyton showed up at the game so we all had a great time catching up and remembering the good ole days for those few hours.

Hutch, Peyton, and Me

Hutch, D.A.(?????), Berg, Me
Susie and her mom had cooked up some chili in a crock pot at the hotel so some of us met up after the game to enjoy it. After the ladies had left and gone to bed, the guys decided it was time to throw the 160 gram (frisbee) around for a while. We went outside and found a nice spot behind Cracker Barrel and displayed our skills for about an hour.

Steve Long (a.k.a Schlong), Me, Berg
Kira met some new friends too!


Now I'll turn the keyboard over to Susie for her take on the trip.
It was great to see my mom, Kira and I felt so cozy at her house and in her company. She thoroughly spoils the two of us:) While there I got a chance to see my best friend Meghan- who I grew up with. We loved the Indy Children's Museum and Kira couldn't get enough of Max her dog. They are expecting a little baby early this spring, we are praying for you two and your baby.


ONU has changed much since we been there- in ways we all would have enjoyed! Bart has four male cousins that have attended or are still students there. Each of them have played football there but the teams have never been as successful:( It was great to see our old friends from college- hopefully we'll stay in better touch with everyone. There is talk of a guys trip to Colorado this summer.... we will do whatever we can to get all of them together again. We missed seeing a bunch of our old friends...we were thinking of you. Big thanks to Scott for getting us back together again...you never gives up on us:)

The most important part of the trip however is that Kira got to spend some time with Nana.

2 comments:
We really enjoyed all the pictures and hearing about your ONU trip! We're thankful that Papa Ted is doing so well! Thanks for sharing.
-Dad & Mom S.
Hey gang. Cool entry. I gotta put something similar up on the WW Myspace page.
Bart - a couple corrections for you. McEowen spells his name like I just wrote it. Sam's wife is called Marlena. Ross' wife is called Linda. Umm, I guess that's it.
It was great seeing you guys and meeting little Kira. And you should know I'LL NEVER GIVE UP ON YOU!
Love,
Berg
Post a Comment