We had some of our immediate family here for Christmas Eve service and dinner. I wish we would have watched the Nativity movie but sadly I LOST the parent's movie so we just viewed photos of the family from the last year on our tv after dinner. My brother Matt was in from California and Dad was here from Indiana to enjoy some good bonding. Matt and Bart had more and more to chat about since Bart has joined the TECH world and they even could be seen playing the Wii. Matt said this was the best Christmas he had had with us in years... NOT sure what was so different but SO happy to hear it! Kira LOVED having Uncle Matt here and gets closer to him each year.
Christmas Day a few of us bonded with some folks at a Nursing Home I used to work for. It was sad to see a smaller LESS musically inclined group there to join us but we were glad to still go. Last year Kira bonded with the SAME lady we saw this time and I HAD to get their photo. We sang with another family on the Alzheimer's/Secure Unit and before we knew it were home. It seemed Kira opened gifts through the evening and got so many AWESOME things to play with for the next years... THANK YOU EVERYONE! We took a break and had an afternoon brunch with Bart's grandparents over at their home above Walker. It was super yummy and at the end we all sang old songs and hymns with Ruth at the organ and Grandma at the piano... it was so perfect. I will remember that for life I think!
Here are some shots I treasure...
No comments:
Post a Comment