Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Let's catch up (by Bart)

Well it's been quite eventful the past few weeks to say the least. About three weeks ago Kira came down with some kind of awful bug. She was running a fever for a few days so Susie took her to the doctor. The doctor determined she just had a virus; sore throat, fever, headache sort of thing.



The illness lasted for about a week. She was just a sick, unhappy little girl and not herself. When we watched video of her when she was on our camping trip and we realized just how sick she was.



Next up we spent an evening a Great Grandpa and Grandma's place. We enjoyed a nice dinner followed by some home-made cherry pie and cobbler that was full of pits. Kira was better by then and seemed to enjoy herself there.



She spent a lot of time climbing onto and off of this foot rest which amused her for some reason.



Great Grandpa and Grandma have a lot of room for Kira to drive her toy cars around so that was fun for awhile.



She also found something else to drive around. If you can't tell what it is, it's my Grandpa's rolley walker thingy. It has a special name that I can't remember.





My Sister had a birthday on June 25th so we had a party at my parents. Kira and her cousin Travis had some fun together. Grandma Saunders has a little car that Kira could sit and scoot on and Travis decided he would give Kira a little ride. It was fun for both of them until the car eventually tipped over and Kira crashed into a large speaker.



After Kira was so sick, it is just great to see her so happy and having fun again.



Kira has continued to enjoy some good treats here and there. I'm told she has had a couple more Oreos at daycare and she definitely knows what they are if she sees them.



Last night she was being really fussy so Susie had the bright idea of giving her a popsicle which she has never had before. It made her happy while it lasted.



Our big news is the the pop-up tent trailer we just purchased on Friday. I saw an ad that same day in a free classified ad publication that comes out every Thursday and it looked like a bargain. After calling the man that was selling it we realized that we had come across somewhat of a buying competition. So I left a soon as I could after work to check it out.



When I got there, two other me were looking at it and the owner was inside on the phone with somebody. I looked it over and decided that I was ready to buy. When the owner came out I approached him with a couple of questions and then made my offer in which he accepted. After I went to the bank to get cash and paid him, he gave me $100 back and said, "tell your wife that you talked me down on the price." It all worked out very well and we're pleased with our purchase.



The trailer is a 1999 Forest River, Flagstaff. It has an option of 12v battery or 110v plug in. It also has propane for several energy options.



The fridge runs on 12v, 110v, or propane. It has a heater that runs on 12v and propane and an indoor outdoor stove. It sleeps a total of six people with the table collapsed and the couch cushions laid over it.



Well, I guess I'll wrap this post up. I left out a lot but I didn't want to go on too long. In the future we'll just keep up with the times. (My computer crashing didn't help things out at all but I won't go into that. Oh, and I didn't mention the problems with Kira's birthday party invitation that I made on my computer that crashed.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These pictures are great! Poor Kira seems to get the worst bugs. The camper is big! How excited you must be to have it since you guys love to camp so much! You worked out a good deal Bart. I can't wait to see it, which will be soon. I can't view the videos with my ancient system.
Love, Mom

janet l moran said...

I love the camper! John and I want one so bad but we live in the city and have no place to park it.
Kira is getting so big. The last time I saw her was at meg and eric's wedding.