



We had our day at the Allergist and at the Pediatrician on Friday. Kira was a trooper... she loved that she could see her first Elmo's World video while getting tested: ) After checking her for 10 of the typical foods that people are allergic to we saw no reaction. This is good but confusing. The doctor has us journaling her diet over the next month and will see her again to do some more evaluations looking for Immune conditions/disease. She has had ODD blood-work come back this fall but nothing conclusive. We'll continue to track her rashes and pooping issues. Hopefully it will resolve as she grows.
The next stop was a lady Pediatrician, Dr. Anderson. She is our favorite but often we see various others in the Youth Clinic. She was very supportive and encouraging overall. Dr. A reviewed the chart and agreed Kira has been a little puzzling medically, yet she has done well developmentally. Her weight has been in a lull but most likely she'll overcome that with less poopin': ) She was supportive of the Immunologist doing further studies and tests to see if we are missing something. They will keep in touch with each other. "Whenever I am ready," she is open to doing some GI tests that will look at function problems. I am nervous but I am hopeful God will just resolve these little oddities. Dr. A reassured me that Kira's dental challenges are just flukey and not due to anything that I did during pregnancy. She will continue to need to see her Dentist often to keep cavities away. Her enamel stinks but hopefully her adult teeth will be healthier. Grandma Saunders watched the boys-- I'm so thankful for her support.
1 comment:
Never did find those dumb sheep...
Post a Comment