Tuesday, June 24, 2008

She loves the attention

Before heading to Illinois and Indiana I promised myself to write a post. Kira has been having more tummy trouble and rashes... we finally have given a gluten-free diet a try. Blood tests back in December did not show Ciliac(sp.?) Disease but we hear now it is not always accurate. I have seen some progress and then other days I just scratch my head again and wonder what else might be wrong with her.

This spring has been full of chatter and marked by much growth/independence. The other day I caught Kira with an old container full of hair accessories and oddly enough two Gillette razor things (minus the actual razor attachments) anyway she decided they were phones and made Daddy talk back and forth with her on them! It is so fun to see what Kira gets Daddy into doing!

We have loved watching all the "farm babies" grow... next their will be some cute little puppies. If Kira gets her way she literally HAS TO go into every different animal pen to be as close as she can get to her furry friends. She is working on climbing in to run with the horses as well! They sure aren't ready for her yet! On our way down the block my little one OBSESSES over smelling EACH flower within her reach... so CUTE huh? When in her room she enjoys getting in and out of bed to get another pair of shoes to try on... I'll go in to check on her and she's fast asleep with some crazy looking shoes on. Her Great-Grandpa Walker loves his cowboy boots and so when we go there with some dinner for them she has to check out HIS boots. She ACTUALLY got to try them on the other day... it was a SIGHT! We treasure having a chance for Kira to get to know them.


Somehow we have an abundance of frogs/toads and bunnies this year. One toad even followed Bart into the house the other day. He was FREAKED-- I thankfully rescued him and put our new friend in our "frog cooler." Whenever we need to distract Kira from some upset- we'll start calling for Froggie"-- it seldom fails to work!

In early June I got a day off to go hang out with my good friend Heidi and her son, Caleb. I was so glad to actually do something for her for a change. She was on bedrest and did end up with a healthy little boy they named Keegon. Kira and Caleb both suprised me with how well they got along:) We are excited to welcome a couple more babies into the world in the next month. Soon I will post photos of Meghan's little Ella who was born early May... elittle contact with the media.

Within hours of returning from Heidi's, we lost our power during an awful storm. Around noon, I talked with the Walker secretarty who told me that the staff took shelter and a tornado was spoted down nearby. Widsor and Timnath do not have warning sirens and without power, we all had to rely on our own intuition. The destruction was numbing. We were able to be some of the first to help folks sort through the wreckage, it was life-changing. The "boys and Kira" freak now with the change of weather and pretend there is a power outage daily.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the new pictures and your details about Kira. She is such a natural when you take her pictures.

Cute! I like the bladeless razor incident with her daddy.

Love,
Nana

Carrie said...

Hey Susie!

Could you email me your home address when you get the chance? cphays1@comcast.net

Thanks!