
On December 16th I had a memorably odd moment with a little boy here... his mom said, "SOMEONE needs to have a BABY." His mom was referring to herself but Breck points up and says, "SUSIE does." ODDLY, I normally would just laugh but I really have some hard feelings buried about NOT being able to get pregnant for the last few years. Well I was having to switch off our insurance through Walker and settle for Medi-Share that next day... on the 17th I knew I should ensure I was truly safe to start on a new plan.
OH MY! To our utter shock I had a positive test... well three of them!! I freaked about insurance right away and had a local sales person realize we actually had a couple options but they were a little shady ethically for me. Within hours someone there clued in that we all were misinformed and could stay on our COBRA with the great help from the government. We will have high deductibles but the length of the pregnancy could be covered at this good rate!! Thankfully all of us have an option after all is said and done but it will never be the same as being in a group plan.
I wanted to keep the news private until 12 weeks for almost everyone but Bart insisted we need the support of our family at least especially since that first 12 are so fragile! I did blood work and learned I needed help to raise my progesterone level. I have been taking these pills since around Christmas and have seen good results but HATED these last weeks of symptoms. My stomach hurt so often especially through the night while the meds were absorbed. I have low blood pressure even worse with this and was extra sleepy... all predictable but frustrating just the same: ) I got off the med last weekend as I hit 12 weeks, I feel so much more normal AND seem to sleep better at night!!! Sorry for the details.
We shared with our parents at the Saunders Christmas. I was very anxious to share since a few more months out would be more ideal to conceive. Bart and I are still waiting to see his business gain more stability and see him have more success from his workout routine: ) We gave them a little Chinese like food box with a pacifier and tag saying, "May this be your favorite gift this year." They received it well as you might see in the photos but I have to admit there seems to be some I don't feel are right behind us. It happened though and it all is working out. Dr. Susie Klinger is following the pregnancy and has blown me away with thee calls to the house to actually share an update or discuss concerns... she HERSELF calls!! At 20 weeks I am to have an appointment at the Women's Clinic with an OB to get clearance that I can be a VBAC. I want to avoid a C-section at all costs this time! With the nightmare of labor with an emergency C-section with Kira I WANT THIS CHANCE at least. I will spare the details of Kira's birth and the damage to my body AND the follow-up wound care. My hope is that the same doctor that had to cut me open in her office just a week after having Kira-- SHE will be the one to back me up and understand WHY I want this chance. We will pray over the situation. Reality is that I will not be able to stay under Dr. Klinger's care if I can't get approval from an OB: ( Honest truth is that Dr. K would assist in a C-Section if the labour was not going well... I just want someone like her advocating for me so we all do not see another UGLY delivery!!
Early January I had another CRAZY moment with a daycare mom! Now NONE of the parents knew of our secret, most knew we didn't think we could even have another child. Well, Ethan's mom walked in and let me know that she had a STRANGE DREAM... she said that' "You were pregnant and the baby was due in August." She said it was very clear! I don't know what my face looked like but I knew I didn't want to share yet!! I tried to laugh and act like that was just nutty!! The other day I got to tell all the parents as KIRA was starting to tell the boys. This dear MOM is so amazed as are we about her dream!!!! THE BABY IS DUE ON MY BIRTHDAY, AUGUST 25th!!
This ultrasound was taken at 10 weeks with Kira, Bart, and Grandma Ruth present for the moment. It was Ruth's first ultrasound experience!! Kira found out right there that there was a baby in my tummy! We hope my mom gets to be with us for the next in March.
2 comments:
I'm glad to hear it is going well
Love,
Brea
Naturally I am a very excited Nana! These miracle children are so precious!! I can't wait to see you all in March!
Love, Nana
Post a Comment