Saturday, August 21, 2010

Kids of SUMMER Part 2























We had an AWESOME summer with the kids... I love my job! Hard work but often real rewarding to see their growth and smiles on their faces! I had two of the best helpers in the world right here... Xing Yee many afternoons especially after summer school let out AND Brea... one of the most admirable 6th graders out there! Brea and her brother Ben were here last summer and this year we knew she would make the PERFECT helper! She senses so well, takes responsibility beautifully, and even helps teach with such grace! I will surely miss her presence and company but know we will see her again... we hope she will be up to babysitting as the kids grow up: )

Every week or so had a theme... we checked out plenty of resources from our local library weekly!! As long as it wasn't too hot we spent plenty of hours in the backyard, the garden, and the side yard... they explored, created, experimented, picnic'ed, and let loose plenty. All of them were kind to the BIG pregnant LADY!! In the afternoon we would work on stimulating these minds... we split up into little groups and did individual work helping each to work on their recognition, basic math, sight reading, memorization of helpful facts, phonics, clock-work... the three youngest worked on their letters, numbers, shapes, and colors. But all together they learned from our topics and were quizzed on the material. I wished I had more time and energy than I did but all in all they are did well and are terrific kids! We graduated Ethan and Ryan off to their fist year in school and will try to check in on them regularly!! We are adjusting to all the changes this week!!

No comments: