We had a busy weekend of events as Bart's brother and family were in town over the 4th of July. Inspired by Aunt Sandra I had decided to throw a FANCY party for Kira and the family. All of Kira's immediate cousins have summer birthdays as do several others so the 5th of July was our big party. Bart's mom was a great sport and let me be creative as we took over her home. Kira and Raylee had packed up a luggage piece full of dress up for everyone to enjoy... you would be shocked at all the fun even the grown ups had! I could have done more but wasn't feeling well with some major head pains... SO thankful for Xing Yee's help!
I hear my Mom's friend will be attempting a fancy Nancy Party soon... I suggest the Fancy Nancy book about Tea Parties... we actually had a great dinner not just a tea party. I had the girls do a few party favors ahead of time- butterfly foamie place mates, decorate foam glasses (Hobby Lobby), fabric purses/bags (dollar store), and names onto foamie crowns (Hobby Lobby), we hot glued gems onto the purple plastic silverware and water parfait cups for our ice cream sundaes (dollar store). I found dragon flies and butterflies to decorate the walls from there as well. At Good Will Kira and I had found a couple nice vases and a tea pot... with the addition of some nice ribbon we made them into a sucker vase and a flower vase: )
Kira was thrilled to have fun with each of the members of the family... everyone was AWESOME!
1 comment:
Gracious me!! What a party!! I wish that I could have been there to be a part of it. Susie, you and Aunt Sandra could be in business.
Wonderful memories.
Love,
Kira's Nana
Post a Comment