Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Papa Ted came to town...

Dearest Papa was ready to meet our little man... he rode on the train out and back... what a unique time that has to be!  It was my goal to keep him busy as much as I could with projects around here!  Poor guy.  His good friend had urged him to take the trip... so glad she pushes him to break his routine and bond us.  He got rather skilled at keeping Zack happy... thank goodness Zack still likes his SOOTHIE.  Papa took all our outer doors down and put new weather strips on them, fiddled with our microwave, and fixed our psycho kitchen faucet... so exciting for me!  I had told my F-I-L I was determined to stain our fence with my Dad over the week and so he stellfully had surprised me and pressure washed it all!  Our fence is huge and desperate for stain thanks to our Colorado sunshine!  Well before I knew it was Dave again out there starting to stain with no help.  WHAT?!  Thankfully he was joined by Bart and my Dad before long!  Dave is known for getting a project done without much delay and wow my fence was totally stained in two days!!!  It looks so nice with that deep redwood tone, glad the labor was free... owe a few favors back!  I tried to catch some good moments in after daycare but it was hard to juggle work, chores, new baby, and company.
 

No comments: