Sunday, December 7, 2008

August memories











Bart is sound asleep otherwise I'd get some help figuring why where I place my cursor seems not to effect my picture placement. I KNOW I stink at computers but I just need a lesson again on blogging!: ) I will go back to the spring when I get up the nerve to sort through the wealth of photos from the "recovery" my friend did. The dates attached to the photos are all off... years of photos and copies of photos jumbled together... at least there aren't 30,000 anymore!

SOOO, back in August we celebrated the 100,000 Walker Mower coming off the line. Bart's family have such a neat company... they invited everyone who owns a Walker to come for a huge celebration/Reunion. They have done this years past around our wedding and so we were unable to attend. Thousands attended on the property and we felt so honored to be guests on stage with the rest of Bart's family. His family love the Lord and honor him with all they have been blessed with. They have no shame in sharing their hope and purpose in this world. Literally days before this event we attended the Homecoming service for a favorite cousin, Dan Walker. What a nightmare for his family, we had just had his graduation party from Olivet Nazarene University! He was serving on staff at a Nazarene camp in Colorado and was ready for to be serving Focus on the Family after the summer. He was found to have died in his sleep due to a sort of aortic valve rupturing... it was preventable if only they knew his healthy body actually had an abnormality waiting to give way. He honestly touched more lives than any of you could imagine. We ache for his parents and three brothers. I was emptying recyclables and saw his graduation thank you note staring right at me from June... we taped it and his photo back onto the front of our fidge and think of him daily. His last big conversation with his girlfriend was all about Heaven... his perspective on life at his age was so powerful. One of his brother's along with his wife (Ryan and Emily) left at the end of the Reunion for mission work in the depths of Alaska. I'll try to post more about their outreach soooooon... we can't imagine their level of sacrifice and trust in the Lord in the midst of their heartache!! They are all so special to me, especially after I got to clean their home for years.




During these weeks we also had Bart's brother, Matt and his family in for Reunion. I wish they were pastoring in Colorado already! Kira loves her cousins Kyron and Raylee so much! Right before Matt and family left, Laurel (Bart's sister) gave birth to Bethany Ruth Lalicker!! Laurel had adopted this embryo this past October... I believe it was 15 years old!! She is a healthy, sweet little thing and we are so happy they have the family they've always wanted. God is good.

No comments: