Sometimes you wonder if people really care. So many folks including myself are so busy trying to stay busy... we can't see the person right in front of us that is trying to be a help, be a friend, a good neighbor. I have been in awe realizing how awesome people can be... and how God provides often through our peers and family.
I know I have shared how much I love our new families at the daycare but I must note some special moments. Theo's mom saw how we could use a cozier reading area and went right to making us the best pillows to wrap around our little cove. The other day our dumb safety gate crashed again and her husband measure out, drilled, and installed an awesome support to hold our gate secure! Everyone is plenty busy with their own lives... it was such a lift though to see people taking time for me and the kiddos!!!
This week the swing set decided to give way and being that a lot of kids are on the set at once the plastic 2X4's decided it was time to call it quits. It was not the most expensive set but moderately priced from Toys R Us... I was so disappointed and so were the kids. I asked several men for advise but realize it is a bigger task to fix than we can handle at the drop of a hat. Bart says he'll do it when he's off in July but hates to spend much money. WELL, Sunday we were working outside and my neighbor John was staining his fence right behind the swing set... he got my attention and sweetly offered to just fix the stinkin thing for us!!!! WHAT?? Someone really would do this... what could I ever do in return... honest??!! HE says I have my own workshop right here and I should have enough scrap lumber. HOLY CRUD!!! HE says he can have it done in a week... "It will be a fun project for me.... only thing is I get to take a swing too." I COULD CRY I AM SO RELIEVED!! His wife I have written about before, Diane... she is one of my heroes too!!
PEOPLE ARE GOOD AND THEY DO CARE!
No comments:
Post a Comment