Sunday, August 16, 2009

Gluten FREE for KIRA!!!!



After getting her teeth worked over at the Children's Hospital it was time to throw in the towel on finding out what was wrong officially with Kira and just try going off gluten again to see how her body would respond. Thanks to Christi T. and Tin-Tin I could not go any further in good conscience... it was time to just listen to my instincts and not the doctor.

Kira is a year older since we last tried MY VERSION of gluten-free. She definitely changed last time for those two months and is changing this last month! With lots of encouragement from friends and family I am sticking with it for her. She asks often if an item is gluten-free and if it is "safe." I have made her spit something out before and so of course if she deems it necessary she puts her hand in front of my mouth and sternly tells me to "spit it out MOM!"

I see Tin-Tin and Alvin peeped by with some groceries from the Asian market... YUMMMMMM... can't wait to cook tomorrow!!! I OWE YOU AGAIN!! (written on 8/16)

1 comment:

Meghan said...

SOOOO happy to hear she is doing better - and happy also that you decided to go with your gut. Mommy definitely knows best!