On the other hand I love flower gardens. Flowers don't taste bad and they are all beautiful to look at. I do not have a flower garden but someday I might. My mom has some wonderful Iris gardens on their property that I always enjoy. This is the time of year that they start to bloom and she sent me some nice pictures the other day.
(click thumbnails to see fullsize)

I believe this is called the "Perennial Garden".

This Iris happens to be called Ruth Walker, which is my moms maiden name.
As far as I know Susie's garden is coming along well and her daycare kids enjoy visiting it with her. Susie's dad, Ted, sent me a photo of him and his wife's community garden. It made me chuckle a little because the photo reminded me so much of Susie's garden. At times I can definitely see how the two are related.

Ted's garden

Susie's garden
4 comments:
Pretty soon Bart... you'll come home and find Susie on the floor, reading the paper with a bowl of guacamole in front of her. It's inevitable!
Like father like daughter for sure! Those two gardens couldn't be more alike! My dad is a perfectionist when it comes to his lawn and flowers. I'm finding myself being the same way! Must be the genes! Enjoy those garden goods!
I never thought I'd become a Blogger, but here goes. . .
We are really proud of Susie's gardening efforts! Also it's a great experience and project for the daycare kids. Also enjoyed the picture of T&T's garden. Thanks for sharing the pictures of my iris. They have been pretty spectacular this year. I have been taking lots of pictures and feel an iris calendar in the making for 2008!
I hate cantaloupe.
Post a Comment