
I spent the morning with my good friend Polly browsing at a neighborhood garage sale. Not only did we find some good treasures for the daycare kids but Kira got this awesome doll house for her birthday from Aunt Polly and Aunt Emily! Kira couldn't wait another month so we went ahead and set it up for her. I guess I may have found a garage sale-ing buddy.

Kira has been bonding with Daddy lots... I know she'll say "daddy" soon but she's stuck on the "B" sound. I tell him that he'll be "Bart" before he'll be daddy. She looks for him whenever she hears his name.
On a sad note, Kira's favorite cat Bubba/Noah has now peed in her crib! He has pee issues every few months and chooses a Kira/Daycare item to bless. I keep saying we have to find him a new home but now I am more motivated to look around. It's such a shame since the kids just love him. He greets the kids when they arrive at the daycare and visits whenever some one just needs cheering up. He was Kira's first word as well as most of the other kiddos: ( It's been a few days now since the incident and we have a routine of letting him visit a "window dwell" while we are around and have as many rooms closed off as possible. The bulk of his day is now spent in the basement with his sister and our dog Benny. We hold out hope a neighbor may adopt him when their sick cat passes on.
12 comments:
So since your very detailed instructions on how to leave comments on the blog did not seem to reach many Bart, I better keep up my messages to make it all worth it!
I'm sure Kira will have a blast with that doll house... and if you find Noah a new home let us know. If Max's drug addiction continues, he may be needing one too!
What is Max's drug of choice now a days? I can't say I knew he was using!
By the way my mom told me tonight she still can't post a comment!!!!!!!!!! She swears the computer won't let her just insert her name and email it then asks for her "friend's email." I don't see what she is doing wrong now... all I told her was to type her own email since she IS "OUR FRIEND."
Tell her to just leave a comment as "Anonymous". She has done it on mine before.
I just want to make sure your settings allow for anonymous comments... this is a test.
Meg
Okay, due to Meghan's prompting (and I totally should have commented earlier :)) I am finally leaving a comment. Kira is so cute...I love all the pictures you guys post of her! Good luck with the cat situation. We had a cat that had to "relocate" when he started peeing everywhere. I just couldn't handle it, and that was before kids. Hope you guys are having a wonderful week!!
Jessica
Hey Susie & Bart-
Just thought that I'd drop you a line to encourage you to keep posting! Kira is adorable- and getting sooo big!
Just dropping by to leave you a comment, after visiting Meghan's blog. I have visited your site before, but not left a message.
Hope Meg's prompting for others to leave comments will increase your blogland life. :-)
Blessings to you & your family.
Jackie Carl
Marion, IN
Hi, Susie & Bart!
I can't believe how big Kira is getting! She's grown so much since Meghan's wedding last summer.
Oh, that new doll house looks like fun :) When I was a little girl, my grandpa and grandma built doll houses for me and my little sister. I couldn't even begin to count the number of hours we played with them :)
I'll have to add you as a link on my blog. Then I'll read you regularly. I find that if I don't link to a specific blog that I'm not as consistent with reading it.
Hi! I was prompted to leave you all a comment from Meghan. I am new to blogging and like getting comments on my post too!! I'm so worried no one will find me?! Kira is adorable! We bought our 4 year old that exact doll house at Costco this Christmas! It is too cute. You should get lots of years out of that one. My mom and I like to gargae sale on Friday mornings too. Last weekend we found this estate sale and they had so many old minks, even a headband one. Lots of old hats. I loved it all and wanted to buy it for dress up for Lacee. Anyhow, your family is precious keep the posts up, I'll comment!! Nice to meet you, Christy
NO fair! Garage sales in Indiana SUCK!! I'm moving.
(pardon my french)
Garage sales in Ohio are awesome!! I've found so much stuff at yard sales it's not even funny!
Hi, by the way to the Saunders!! I'm new to this circle of bloggers and am loving so I want to spread the link love whenever I can!!
Wow, lots of comments here. I guess the tutorial really paid off. That sucks about Bubba. He's such a cool dude.
Post a Comment