Friday, April 10, 2009

EASTER IS NEAR










We have been to Illinois and back and have much to post! I thought I'd start with a few photos from the last couple of days as we made some memories surrounding Easter. Thursday was my last day with most of the kiddos as many had Friday at home with their families. I was expecting a call back from my Inspector and the phone rang at about 3:15... thankful for her call she actually informed me she never got my message and was ACTUALLY in front of my house!!! WOW- we had a hugely busy last hour before I was taking the cat and dog to our vet to keep in line with the HEALTH DEPT. regulations!!! I SOOOO wish they would stick to MAY to visit!! We did just fine but have several papers to update as many forms were just to expire! I have a month to crank out my 20 credit hours though... my course just arrived in the mail-- Nurturing a child's SELF-ESTEEM:)

*Our egg dye kits were from the good old DOLLAR STORE and the kids love using several colors- they come out great if you place them and do NOT roll them to coat all sides... logical I KNOW! We drew on them at first with regular crayons to id who made each ideally. Our BUNNY EARS are made with foamies from the $ Store and are glued with tacky craft glue. They are a bit pliable and yet have a nice droop-- easily trimmed to ideal size. We did get in a couple of egg hunts-- one with coins and dollars and one with candy. The spare change and dollar bills were fun especially as they love to line up the matching coins, id them and count em up!
I also made up a cheesy song to the tune Fara Jaqua-- SP??? I put the words onto a cross I cut from SCRAPBOOK paper (much nicer as it ages than construction paper). HERE are the words: "WHERE IS JESUS- WHERE IS JESUS??? IN MY HEART- IN MY HEART... HE LOVES ME AND FORGIVES ME- LOVES ME AND FORGIVES ME.... I LOVE HIM- I LOVE HIM."

Sure hate to see the school system shifting away from having a little EASTER BREAK here! The kids have a four day weekend NEXT WEEK!! Stinky... hope parents and teachers speak up for next year.

I am LOVING our new little friend Theo and his dear parents. I can not say enough about how involved, appreciative, and respectful they are!! What a gift!!

HAPPY EASTER--- Jesus HAS RISEN!!!

No comments: