Kira and I had a long weekend in Illinois to visit my mom and some friends from High School and College. Our flight Thursday night was canceled due to mechanical problems. I hardly could sleep Thursday night and got up by 2:30am for our 6am flight. Friday we had a special visit with the entire Bourne' Family and the Gabriel's stopped by for dinner. I have such fond memories of each family!! It's like no time has past when we were together.... that's how I know we're forever friends!
Liz B. was a roomie of mine at Olivet. She has a way of knowing right away what I need. She makes me think deeper and to try harder to endure life's challenges. Her Mom, Lisa, has raised up the most beautiful children who love the Lord and care so deeply about their fellow man in need. Their last year was so trying too, yet I couldn't get any of them to complain rather they talked of their desire to do more for others and how much they've grown through the trials. I needed to see them, to hear them... I love you all and wish we lived close! Thanks for your visit... you made my trip so special!
1 comment:
Susie,
Thank you so much for those very special, thoughtful, and loving words. That visit was one of the best moments of my year to date. Kira is beautiful in so many ways, your mother is a wonderful woman, and you are definitely a "forever friend". Your love and distant support have meant more to me than I could ever express in phrases. I second your motion for living closer. What paths God has for each of us to tread in the years to come I don't know in full, but I do hope and pray with all of my heart that we are able to and do spend more quality time together. All of our love and prayers to you and yours this day and always. Eternally, E"liz"abeth & Family
Post a Comment