Saturday, May 12, 2007

10k... are you kidding?

(For those that don't know, a 10k is an abbreviation for a 10 kilometer race that is equivalent to 6.2 miles. This information will be useful later in this post.)

When one of our associate pastors talked about apathy in our lives, it dawned on me that I have become very comfortable with the way some things are in my life. Then the other night Susie suggested that we participate in the Bolder Boulder which is a 10k run/walk on Memorial Day in Boulder, CO. To this suggestion I immediately replied, "I don't even know if I can WALK 6 miles."


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(photo is representation of myself on any given evening after 7pm)


Four years ago, Susie and I both conquered the Bolder Boulder in a fair amount of time; jogging the whole 6.2 miles. After I gave Susie's suggestion more thought I decided I had no excuse to not participate. In fact it might be a fun family event even though I might get a bit jealous of Kira's free ride in her stroller. Time to kiss apathy goodbye!

No comments: