Wednesday, May 23, 2007

What have we been up to?

Well, I've posted a lot of pictures and videos of late but I have not written about our busy family for a few days. We think things will be slowing down a bit for now but I guess we'll just have to see about that.

Susie co-hosted her friend Emily's baby shower this past Sunday and now that it is over it has been a big stress relief for her. She had been spending so much time and energy preparing for the shower, including several late nights, that she ended up being sick on Sunday for the event. She is now feeling better and trying to relax as much as she can -which is about as much relaxing as a humming bird gets when it stops to suck sugar water out of a humming bird feeder-. She also hopes to not kill her tomato plants at the community garden.



Kira is continuing to improve her crawling, standing, and strolling skills. She has been very fun for us to watch. She is turning out to be such a happy kid that we feel like all of the struggles we had with her early on were worth it. We both feel very blessed to have her in our lives. Soon she will be running to and from us.



I haven't been quite as busy as Susie and Kira, but I have managed to get some things done. My big ordeal lately has been my "el cheapo" lawn mower. For starters, this thing is made by "Poullan" which is a company that primarily makes weed eaters. It has only 4.5 horsepower so basically if I mow grass it almost dies. And lastly, it is not self propelled like what most of society has, so I have to push the thing around a third of an acre.



A couple of weeks ago a small part broke on the starter rewind assembly so I had to order and install a new assembly. Everything was running fine for about 20 minutes and then it died again. After a bit of disassembly and inspection I determined that I was missing a bolt and needed a new spark plug. Both parts should have arrived today so hopefully my klunker will be up and running tonight.



Several weeks back our town had a "town clean up day" and one service they were offering was a door to door Chipper/Shredder with the option of keeping your wood chips. We took advantage of this service and we have been busy spreading mulch around our property. Last Saturday I dug a tree ring of sorts and spread mulch under a couple of trees during which I burned many calories in my effort to trim a few.




Well, that should catch up anyone that would like to be caught up. If you want a more detailed report, call Susie :)

2 comments:

Meghan said...

Um... Bart?...

Don't you work for a MOWER company?!!!

Just a thought. :)

Anonymous said...

I do work for a mower factory that makes $5000 and up riding lawn mowers which unfortunately they do not just give away. :)