Saturday, August 25, 2007

Birthday Prank

I don't know the whole version of the story but I will tell what I know. It was Friday afternoon (yesterday) and I just got home from work. I was walking by the front door when something caught my eye through the window. I peeked out to investigate further and saw an inner tube standing on end with a couple of signs next to it in the front yard. Like anyone else would have done in that situation I thought to myself, "What on earth is going on?" So I walked outside to see what was in my yard and this is what I found.

100_4861.JPG

100_4863.JPG

100_4864.JPG

I immediately went inside to report to Susie what I had discovered but before I got a word in she asked me if I saw what was out front. I guess she had already been tipped off by some of the daycare parents that came to pick up their kids that afternoon.

Apparently our friend Polly decided it would be hilarious to set up such a spectacle in our front yard for all to see. I have to give her some props on the creativity and stealth of her project and it did make me chuckle, especially the sucker. At least I'm still in my twenties.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me be the first to write...I am glad that I got away with it. :) You never even saw it coming...that makes me very happy. Bart, glad you enjoyed it too. heee heee heee.

Bart Saunders said...

YOU ROCK POLLY! What a load of laughs we had tubing the Poudre with a nut like you!! Thanks for taking a spill and few boulders in the butt-- it made us all feel young again. Definitely what I needed! You are a true friend!

Anonymous said...

Sending you a "Happy Birthday" !
I read Meg's blog regularly...so am following her request to "pop over" to give you a BD greeting.
Hope it was great !
Jackie Carl
Marion, IN

Meghan said...

Way to go Polly. Very sneaky!!

janet l moran said...

Happy birthday Susie!
hope you have a blast on your river adventure.

nurse jen said...

Happy 30th....I am edging there myself so I have no teasing!! :) LOL!! I hear "thirty is the new twenty..." YOU GO GIRL!!!

melissa said...

LOL! That's hilarious. Very creative :

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have seen Susie's face when she saw her greetings. Polly, you are so clever and sneaky. I know that everyone enjoyed your work of art. It sounds like the birthday trip was memorable.

Love,
Mom