Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving Day








CHECK OUT OUR OLD POSTS>>> I HAVE BEEN CATCHING UP: )
We spent our morning making a Tasty Green Bean Casserole and Ultimate Twice Baked Potatoes both off the internet. Neither were perfect both we would alter next year if we were asked to make them: ) Kira HAD to dress up in one of her Christmas dresses. She loved seeing all her distant Walker cousins and loved seeing them ride on all of Uncle Dean's racing creations outside. Aunt Suzanne and Aunt Nina set up a formal Thanksgiving that looks like the longest Last Supper table... I believe there was almost 40 in attendance and that was without all of Aunt Suzanne and Uncle Dean's boys and their families. We will forever miss having Dan Walker with us' I always liked to visit with him... so glad I had those years of cleaning at their home to get to know him.

Later at home we had a sweet message for Kira that Uncle Mark had made an ENTIRE GLUTEN-FREE meal and he would like to share some with her!!!! Mark is her HERO as usual here... even though they don't see each other that often she talks of him several times a day especially as she dreams of each item on our table being GLUTEN-FREE... she'll say, "MOMMA, UNCLE-MARK-TEACH-ME-HOW-TO-MAKE-IT."
YES, he may be hearing from MOMMA for years to come- asking for advice! Thanks for the beautiful food Uncle Mark even a couple desserts WHICH IS ALL SHE LOVES THESE DAYS!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My Goodness but you all have been so busy!! The kids are so lucky to be your home for daycare and preschool. I don't know how you do it? I guess that I'll see soon. Kira is so cute, of course! The photos of the Thanksgiving dinner are great. What an event! Thanks for sharing all of these lovely pictures. I'll have to tell Aunt Sandra to check our the site.

Love,
Mom